Kalarpana Research Institution of Shobana
( Natyasasthra Studies and Bharatanatyam ) “KRISHNA”
Founded in 1991 this institution has trained more than 600 students. The philosophy is to impart a holistic view on the various aspects of Dance – Practical, theoretical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. This Culture Centre of infinite possibilities is conceived, created and developed to be an all encompassing centre for learning, experimenting, teaching, exhibiting and Spreading the art of Classical Bharatanatyam in the traditional as well as current and ‘New Avatar’
The students of Kalarpana have received,
- Scholarship from Centre For Culture and Resources- Central Government
- Scholarship from Sri Krishna Gana sabha
- “Best performer” Sri parthasarathy swamy sabha
- “Yuva kala bharati” Award Bharat kalachar
- “Balasaraswati” Award Sri Krishna Gana Sabha
- “Janaki Rangarajan” endowment Sri Krishna gana sabha
- “Natya chemmal” Title from Trinity fine arts
- “Natya chudar “ Title from Kartik fine arts
- Grade B in doordarsan Chennai.
- Award for best nattuvangam- Sri Krishna Gana sabha
- Independent schools- in Chennai and the U.S.A
'Asha Rema is a Born dancer with a Natural flair'
‘the choreography and the way Shobana structured the coordination between the dancers of her troupe, were perfect’
“Srividya’s Nattuvangam was outstanding”
‘the young dancers of kalarpana manifested sculptures on temple walls with vigorous martial dance movements’
‘Over the years, shobana has impressed us not only as a gifted dancer but also as an excellent guru’
'Shobana proves that she is no mean teacher'
- There is an equal amount of stress on the graceful aspect of Bharatanatyam as there is on the rhythmic patterns. The children are encouraged to watch and perform at various levels.
- The wholistic approach towards Bharatanatyam sustains the integrity of the classical art form as well as adapts to the demands of the present times
- Shobana at KRISHNA, has a team of faculty trained directly under her to impart the foundation of the dance technique
- Our Repertoire includes traditional pieces of classic composers ranging from Tanjore Quartet to Dr. Balamurali Krishna
- Walking on the footsteps of the Guru, some of the senior disciples have branched out into independent performers and teachers.
- The institute offers year round classroom training in the Traditional structure (from Basic to Advanced levels)
- Four teachers In-house with a minimum of 12years of teaching and performance experience
- 3000 sq ft Artistic learning & practice space
- High quality Projector for audio and visual teaching facility
- High quality Speaker to practice with Music
- Wall to wall Mirrors to develop an External eye
- Orthopedic floor mat to avoid injury
- Well ventilated Hall – Lights, Fan and AC (for In-house events
- Restroom and separate Dressing room
- Waiting area for Expectant mothers, Elders and parents with Infant
- Safety (1stAid kit) and Security
Meet Our Faculty
Trained directly under Guru Shobana to impart the foundation of the dance technique